We are looking for an outstanding web developer for our team in Copenhagen. You will be joining a tight crew of web and marketing professionals, each with 10+ years of experience. We are fanatical user experience designers and social media freaks, pointy-hatted architects and longhaired coders, and some of us have a thing for heavy metal… We build beautiful digital products on a highly scalable cloud platform.
You should be a generalist and enjoy working across the software stack. Our current technologies include Windows Azure and SQL Azure, ASP.NET MVC, Entity Framework, Castle Windsor IoC, nHibernate, Html Agility Pack and jQuery.
We look for engineers with a getting-things-done attitude who take pride in finding simple and efficient solutions to a variety of technical challenges. You should strive to write efficient, maintainable code and you are not afraid to push code every day.
We expect you to be a team player with enthusiasm for working collaboratively in an agile and fast-paced environment. We expect you to care deeply about the end-result and overall user experience, and you understand that the devil is in the detail.
You can answer yes to several of the following areas:
- Deep ASP.NET MVC and C# skills, and experience with domain-driven design
- Working experience in structured development and build environments (continuous integration, automated testing, automated configuration and deployment)
- Experience with internet programming (REST, SOAP, client/server, AJAX)
- Solid database skills (SQL Server or similar)
- Innate curiosity towards new technologies, programming languages, frameworks, etc.
Bonus points for experience with:
- Facebook development (Graph API, Canvas Apps)
- Windows Azure and SQL Azure
- Web crawling and scraping technologies such as Html Agility Pack
- Google Analytics or similar
- Graph databases such as Neo4j
- CQRS pattern
What we can offer:
- Ambitious, international startup environment in Copenhagen, Denmark
- Great office space and location on central Vesterbrogade
- Die-hard, no-surrender, semper fi, agile team of web geeks, and GREAT colleagues
- Interesting and TOUGH engineering challenges
- Opportunity to make an impact – we are completely reinventing the interface between consumers and online stores
- Warrants/co-ownership – if you are truly hot shit
We expect you to be:
- An absolute rock star at what you do
- 3+ years of professional experience, or you may be a self-taught whiz-kid with otherworldly Jedi powers
- Fluent in English (speaking, reading and writing)
- Always ahead of the curve with cutting-edge web development
Qualified candidates, please email Stefan Bech on stefan [at] wantr.com.
At Wantr, we want to change the way people discover and shop online. It is a bold mission that we will accomplish with equal parts determination and disruptive technology. We are an extremely ambitious bunch with a global outlook. We believe in data-driven decision-making, hard work, personal freedom and the responsibility to choose the right solutions, technologies and approaches that will take our product to the next level.